How to get a tourist license in Spain?

More and more autonomous communities, like Malaga, require a tourist license in Spain to validly rent your home for tourism purposes. We tell you everything you need to know about this document and how a solicitor from Spain can help you when obtaining it.

What is the Spanish tourist license?

The Spanish tourist license is an administrative document that authorizes you to act as a tourist entrepreneur in Spain. It is a mandatory procedure aimed at guaranteeing the quality and safety of both hotel and non-hotel accommodation (rooms, apartments, villas, etc.) in our country.

Spanish tourist license

Do I need a license to rent out my property?

Yes, as long as the property is used for vacation rentals. In fact, without a Spanish tourist license you cannot legally rent houses in Spain. In addition, it will be necessary to register your establishment in the Tourism Registry of the corresponding Autonomous Community.

If you do not have a license to rent a property, this activity will be considered illegal. This means that you risk being sanctioned and, in addition, both your guests and you will find yourself in a situation of legal helplessness.

How can i get a tourist license in Spain?

  1. Submit a responsible statement to the competent body of your autonomous community to be in charge of registering and sealing it.
  2. Take the stamped declaration of responsibility and the documents required in your area to the local authorities.
  3. The police will include the tourist home in their records and will give you a code, with username and password so that you can register travelers.

In practice, this process becomes very long and complicated, due to the regulatory differences between autonomous communities. Not surprisingly, each territory requires different requirements for the dwelling to obtain the Spanish tourist license.Do you want to obtain the license to rent a property in Malaga? The easiest and fastest way to achieve this is to entrust its management to a Marbella attorney. GM Lawyers is the multilingual Marbella law firm that you need to complete this type of procedure.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin