Spanish property transfer or donation

If you have real estate in Spain and relatives in the United Kingdom, you have probably wondered many times how to transfer the property to a family member. In fact, this is one of the trickiest issues that British citizens residing in Marbella have to face.

Can a property be transferred to a family member?

Transferring the property of the house between family members is an absolutely legal practice in Spanish law. In fact, this transmission can be made both in life (sale, donation …) and at the death of the owner (testament, intestate …).

Transferring ownership of the house to a family member in the UK before the owner’s death is becoming very common practice. Not surprisingly, Brexit causes great uncertainty among British citizens residing in Marbella, especially in terms of tax issues. Thus, a transfer in life may be more advantageous from a tax point of view.

property be transferred to a family member

How to transfer a title deed to a family member?

Transferring ownership of the house to a family member in the UK is a very common process … but also extremely complex. Thus, the first step to manage this matter quickly, easily and efficiently is to hire a lawyer from Spain.

A lawyer from Spain will take care of everything so that you do not have to worry about anything: collection of documents, powers of attorney, processing of expenses and taxes, etc. In addition, it will also guide you when transferring property in Spain to a non-family member or transferring property to the company.

At GM Lawyers we are not only specialized in taxes and real estate, but we also communicate with you in your own language. Thus, our polyglot lawyers will solve all your doubts in a transparent and understandable way even if you do not know how to speak Spanish. If you need a solicitor in Marbella, you already know who to call.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin