skip to Main Content

If you want to settle in our country beyond the deadline set for tourists, you may need to obtain a spanish residence permit .

All foreigners who wish to establish themselves legally in Spain must obtain a residence permit. Citizens of spanish residence visa free countries will be exempt (Member States of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).

Temporary residence permit in Spain

The temporary residence permit in Spain enables you to stay in our country for a period of up to 5 years.

Non-profit residence permit: for those who are not going to carry out economic activities in Spain.

Entrepreneur visa: for those who intend to undertake activities of interest to the Spanish economy.

Golden visa: for those who invest in real estate located in Spain.

Student visa: allows you to study in Spain.

Work permit: for those who want to work in Spain. There are several modalities (salaried, self-employment, for students …)

Visa family permit: if your spouse, children or parents already legally reside in Spain.

Schengen Visa: it is a residence visa in Spain for short stays (from 90 to 180 days). It does not allow to work.

Residence permit spain
requirements for Spanish residency

What are the requirements for Spanish residency?

If you still do not know how to apply for residency in Spain, the first thing you should understand is that the requirements for residency in Spain vary for each type of permit. However, the documents required in almost all of them are the following:

  • NIE number.
  • Proof of sufficient funds.
  • Prove that you have health insurance.
  • Criminal certificate.

How do I get residency in Spain?

Obtaining these documents, filling in the forms and observing the deadlines can make obtaining Spanish residency a slow and complex process. If you are looking for how to apply for residency in Spain in an agile and effective tove way, GM Lawyers simplify your management to the max.

Back To Top